In California College Town, They Can't Hear You Scream
This is the view from the window of where I stayed. I could post other pictures, but they would be redundant, wouldn't they?
A List of Things I Did In San Francisco
- Climbed to the top of Bernal Hill Park.
- Ate peaches on the street in the Haight.
- Watched a drum circle in Golden Gate Park.
- Learned that there is some truth to the joke, 'What's worse than a drum circle?' The answer? 'Two drum circles'.
- Became proficient at parallel parking on a 50-degree hill, backwards and downhill
- Learned that 'don't ride your brakes down the hill' is well-intentioned, but ultimately hilariously un-useful advice.
- Walked through boutiques on Valencia
- Hung out with liberal (they call themselves 'progressive') bloggers.
- Learned that there's a lot of draahma associated with being a progressive blogger
- Decided that a group of democrats will be known as a horde of liberals while a group of republicans will be known as a virtue of conservatives. And, like as not, they will impregnate your daughter.
- Saw firefighters carry a dead guy out of the Mission Dolores Basilica.(Ok, not cool, per se, but it is something I did.
- Saw an underground sketch comedy show. Funniest thing? Guy talking about why he and his girlfriend had decided not to get married: "... plus, if I don't actually get to own her, what's the point?"
There was lots more: eathing tacos in the Mission, the Embarcadero, and especially hanging out with ET. One thing is certain, though. I'll be going back. Soon.
This is apropos of nothing, besides the fact that I really, really want you to see it. Can you believe a man would actually spend money on this? (Totally safe for work.)